Moment marketing is all about being in the right place at the right time. It’s a form of marketing that emphasizes creating content or advertising that is timely and relevant to what is happening in the world around us.
In order to be successful with moment marketing, businesses need to be able to move quickly and create content that is relevant to current events. This can be difficult to do consistently, but when it is done well it can be extremely effective.
What is Moment Marketing?
Moment marketing is a new and exciting way to connect with your customers. It involves creating short, snappy videos that capture a customer’s attention and create a lasting impression. These videos can be used to promote your business or simply share information about your products or services. it is the perfect way to reach out to mobile users who are always on the go. If you’re looking for an innovative and effective way to promote your business, consider using moment marketing.
Moment Marketing Examples
In India, brands are already beginning to experiment with moment marketing and are seeing great results. Here are some examples of how brands are doing that marketing in India:
1. McDonald’s India used moment marketing during the release of the film “Dangal”. They created a special Snapchat filter that allowed users to turn themselves into Aamir Khan, the lead actor in the film.
2. Coca-Cola India ran a moment marketing campaign during the 2016 ICC World Twenty20. They created a special Snapchat lens that turned users into cricket players.
3. Indian fashion brand Myntra, ran a marketing campaign during the 2016 Indian Premier League. They created a special Snapchat filter that turned users into their favorite IPL team’s logo.
4. Amazon India used moment marketing during the 2016 festive season. They created a special offer for customers who bought products using their Amazon Pay balance.
5. Ola India’s largest ride-hailing service, used moment marketing during the 2017 Cricket World Cup. They offered free rides to customers who booked an Ola cab to watch a match at a stadium.
6. Indian Premier League (IPL) season, Vodafone ran a campaign called “#ComeAlive ” which urged people to make the most of every moment. The campaign was activated across various touch points including TV, radio, print, digital and outdoor.
7. Coca-Cola’s “share a coke” campaign, which encouraged people to share photos and messages on social media using the hashtag #ShareACoke.
8. Amazon India’s “work from home” campaign, which offered discounts on products that would help people set up a home office.
9. Ola’s “stay home” campaign, which offered discounts on rides for people who were staying at home during the COVID-19 pandemic.
These are just some of the ways brands are using moment marketing in India. As you can see, it is all about creating relevant and personalized content that speaks to customers at the very moment they are most likely to engage with it. If done correctly, it can be a very effective way for brands to connect with their customers.
Benefits and Importance of Moment Marketing
1. Helps business to be more agile and responsive
The ability to quickly create and execute marketing campaigns in response to current events or trends can give businesses a significant advantage over their competitors. Being able to act fast can help businesses keep up with the latest trends, connect with their customers on a more personal level, and show that they are relevant and responsive to current events.
2. Increases brand awareness and reach
By capitalizing on current events, businesses can significantly increase their brand awareness and reach. This is because people are more likely to pay attention to and remember marketing messages that are timely and relevant to what is happening in the world around them. In addition, moment marketing can help businesses reach new audiences that they may not have had access to before.
3. Boosts sales and ROI
Because moment marketing is so effective at increasing brand awareness and reach, it can also lead to a boost in sales and ROI. When people are exposed to relevant and timely marketing messages, they are more likely to remember the brand and consider it when making a purchase decision. As a result, businesses that execute moment marketing campaigns can see a significant increase in sales and ROI.
4. Helps build customer loyalty
Moment marketing can also help businesses build customer loyalty. When customers feel that a business is responsive to current events and trends, they are more likely to remain loyal to the brand. This loyalty can lead to repeat business and referrals, which can further boost a company’s bottom line.
5. Enhances customer engagement:
In addition to increasing sales and ROI, moment marketing can also enhance customer engagement. By connecting with customers on a personal level, businesses can create a deeper level of engagement that can lead to long-term loyalty.
6. Creates a competitive advantage
Because moment marketing is still relatively new, businesses that are able to execute effective campaigns can create a significant competitive advantage. This is because most of their competitors are not yet using this tactic, which gives businesses that are early adopters a significant advantage.
7. It’s cost-effective
Moment marketing can be an extremely cost-effective marketing tactic. Because it doesn’t require a large budget, businesses of all sizes can benefit from using moment marketing to connect with their customers and boost sales.
Best Moment Marketing Strategies
There are a lot of great marketing strategies out there, but finding the best ones can be tough. However, if you want to find the best moment marketing strategies, then here are three of them.
1. Timing is everything
If you want to create a moment that people will remember, then timing is everything. You need to make sure that you are hitting your target audience at the right time and with the right message.
2. Create a sense of urgency
People often respond well to things that create a sense of urgency. If you can create a moment that makes people feel like they need to act now, then you will be more successful.
3. Be unique
There are a lot of marketing strategies out there, but if you can be unique, then you will stand out from the rest. People will remember you and your moment marketing strategy if it is something that they have never seen before.
These are just a few of the best moment marketing strategies that you can use. If you use these strategies, then you will be able to create moments that people will remember.
Is moment marketing effective?
The jury is still out on moment marketing.
There are a lot of variables that go into whether or not moment marketing is effective, including the industry, the product, the target audience, and the overall marketing strategy. However, there is a lot of potentials for moment marketing to be successful if it’s executed correctly.
One thing to keep in mind is that people are more likely to be responsive to moment marketing when they’re already in an engaged mindset. So it’s important to identify moments when your target audience is likely to be receptive and then create content or messaging that capitalizes on that moment.
Is Moment marketing successful in India?
There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, as the success of Moment marketing will depend on how well it resonates with Indian consumers. However, some factors that could influence its success include how well Moment can tap into the growing trend of self-expression and individuality in India, and how effectively it communicates the brand’s values to consumers.
Let us know in the comments below some of the best moment marketing campaigns that you have come across.
We recommend this online digital marketing course to further enhance your knowledge and skills related to digital marketing as it will holistically make you industry-ready.
You can also go through this Digital Marketing course from Digital Chaabi that will not only help you in getting into the industry but also help you climb the ladder.